at JAB Jewelry Works
OUR 4C CUSTOM PROCESS
Start your custom piece with a free design consultation. Our designers will sketch, discuss materials, and give you an estimate.
Estimate & Sketch
After finalizing your design, a 30% down payment is required to begin your project. We then gather materials and create realistic CAD renderings of your design.
Once you review and approve the CAD render and wax model, we'll move the project into our shop for manufacturing.
Render & Wax Review
Your custom piece is coming to life! Our skilled team blends advanced tech with old-world craftsmanship to create your unique design in-house. In just 1-3 weeks, your piece will be ready for pick-up. Get excited!
Inspection & Pickup
WHAT TO EXPECT
at your design consultation
Often, our designers will ask if you would like to have a phone call before your design consultation. If you choose to speak with them over the phone, they can determine many of the details before your visit, which will allow them to have materials and ideas ready by the time of your consultation.
Here are some of the types of questions we may ask:
- Is the piece going to be for yourself or a loved one?
- What type of jewelry would you like to create (ring, pendant, bracelet, etc.)?
- Have you envisioned the types of metals or stones you would like to use?
- Do you have any old materials you want to use in the new piece?
- Does the recipient gravitate toward vintage, modern, dainty, or chunky style accessories?
- What type of lifestyle will the piece need to fit into?
- What budget are you working within?
If you don't know the answers to all (or any) of these questions, don't fret! Our job is to guide you through the process by presenting example photos and potential ideas that will help you settle on a design.